Christmas

The first two weeks in December were the hardest I've ever faced. I was sad, confused, broken, and scared. BUT, God has been so good to me. A good I don't deserve. This last week, well, it's been the best since I arrived here on September 28th. Anything in particular you may ask? No, nothing in particular. It's all been by God's grace. His joy has overwhelmed me over and over again. He is sufficient for me. It's like God is saying, "Stop! I am here, rest in me. Why are you doubting? I am here. I am here. Love me. I am here." This week was setting up in my mind to be the worst... Michelle leaving, Christmas without my family, seeing pictures of all of my friends home for Christmas break without me; it didn't look promising. But God stepped in. He showed me I don't need those things to be joyful, I need Him. It's amazing how many times I forget this. 
I just have to have faith that he loves me. And he does. You know how I know this? (other than the fact that he shows me and His Word says it over and over again) He gave me Christmas with these precious souls:




Making Candy Canes

Ginger bread Houses!!! (aka: glucose biscuits, a sketchy candy that I would never eat)

Making Christmas Cookies

Chillin with his "moto cars"

Just learning how to walk. No big deal.

Chowing down on those Christmas cookies!

Dancing while making Christmas cookies

Running with his "airplane"
Mean muggin' it on the swing

Hair pulling. Always fun...

Making Christmas crafts with our favorite mamas!

Merry Christmas Everyone! :)


Comments

Popular Posts