Beauty in the Small Things


Jinja is one of the coolest places ever. If you ever get the chance to come here. Do it.
This town is fantastic. When you're walking down maistreet you feel such a sense of community. The number of Mzungus in just the last year has increased significantly. That's "white people" in lugandan, in case you didn't know. Life at Ekisa is well, chatoic. Kids running everywhere and red clay staning everything, but most importantly it's full of beauty. I am learning to find beauty in the small things. Cutting greens with the mamas in the backyard, sorting through the numbers 1,2, and 3 during school, and scrubbing the never-clean front porch. It's not always an easy thing. Some days I am impatient and tired, but what other choice do I have? The reality is there is beauty in all things. The everyday, sometimes not so fun, activities. We have to choose to see God's unique design in every aspect of our day. I'm not sure about you but this takes concentration for me. Right now, my daily struggle is how distracted I let my mind get. I tend to dream of seeing my family, camping in the red, orange, and yellow covered blue ridge mountains, and sitting with Hunter on a Hawaiin beach. But then, I stop, and look around and see where God has put me; in this beautiful place, where you can find God's beauty in every little thing. Even the struggles.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts