An Airport Update

Just thought I would update everyone while I have 20 minutes of free wifi!

We took of from the Newark Airport at 6:15 last night and about an hour and a half in the pilot told us we would be turning around and heading back to Newark due to air pressure "concerns". Naturally, since I am so afraid of flying, I might have freaked out a little, but Michelle consoled me and we landed safely in Newark around 9:00. Once in Newark we sat in the plane for about an hour and then they said they fixed it and we were about to take off again when we were told that maintenance must not have fixed the problem and it wasn't working again. So, we sat in the plane until about 12:15 when we were told that the flight was officially cancelled.
BUT WAIT! It doesn't stop there. Since we were in the back of the plane we were the last ones off and therefore in the back of the line to talk to an agent and get our tickets fixed. We were the last ones to leave and head to a hotel. Once we arrived at the hotel and got to the front desk we heard the words, "We are actually out of rooms, and we will have to shuttle you to another hotel." So, yes, we had to shuttle to a new hotel (which by the way was pretty gross). At 4:30 in the morning, we finally laid down to rest.

Now, we are sitting in the Newark airport, once again, waiting for our flight that takes off tonight at 6:05. But oh no, we don't go to Brussels, Belgium anymore, we will be flying through Amsterdam now. I know, no waffles :(. Then we will head on to Entebbe, Uganda. I am starting to convince myself that Jinja and the Ekisa orphanage doesn't exist! HA!

Although it is all so frustrating and really exhausting I know god's hand is over it all. It's probably a blessing that plane did not proceed over the Atlantic for what ever reason. Thank you everyone for all of your support and prayers! Maybe think about us while your out doing something fun and we are sitting at the airport! We can live through you vicariously. :)

Comments

  1. So, here we are going to try to re-write our initial comment!

    Hi Josey (and Michelle)-

    You are a part of our homeroom now (you each have a button on our homeroom board)! We are sorry you are stuck in an airport but we liked hearing about it and seeing the pictures. Here are our comments (and now you can play a game to guess who said what):

    Josey bebe.

    hey, aye yie yie

    Hi. I got my hair done and ate some spicy cheetos. I can't stop eating them.

    Josey and Michelle! I'm sorry you're stuck in an airport.

    You're the best!

    burp...airplane bathroom

    Oh dosh...(in a whisper)Its my birthday on Sunday and I wish you were here to eat my spider cake (actually cookies).

    And from the teachers, We miss you, be safe, have lots of fun, and take TONS of pictures! Can't wait to hear all about your trip and Michelle get on it and send us an email!!

    -Ms. Katie's Class

    PS-In case you didn't know, its homecoming week this week, the seniors are wearing their crowns, and the games tonight. Bring back any memories?!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts