T - 18 days, 13 hours, 15 minutes, and 05 seconds.

It's getting oh so close, and as I sit here and think about what I am about to say, I am so speechless. Everything I feel is almost impossible to explain. I wanted to update everyone but there isn't much of a real update other than I bought some medicine and soap for my trip today... exciting I know. Tuesday I made a huge long list (because everyone knows I am obsessive about my lists) of things to buy, pack, and do before I go to Uganda. I was so happy once I saw it all written out but today it began to stress me out. I was sitting at Panera developing a horrible headache because I realized how much money was in my account, and how much all the things I needed were going to cost. I started to work myself up and I finally just slammed my laptop shut and grabbed my bible. I flipped to a random page to see what God would lead me to... and this is what I read:

 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.
 And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified. 

 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all–how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. Who is he that condemns? Christ Jesus, who died–more than that, who was raised to life–is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?

 As it is written: 

“For your sake we face death all day long; 
we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered. No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,

 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

After reading this scripture that I know I have read so many times I felt almost, for lack of a better word, silly. Why was I so worried about the money when all the hard stuff is done. I've already applied, I've already been excepted to volunteer, and I've already gotten through five months of waiting. God predestined me to do what I am doing now, and not only that, he has justified me! The dictionary definition of "being justified" is to be defended, or upheld as warranted. God's not on offense trying to knock me off my track, he has already defended me! Who should separate me from the love of Christ? Definitely not persecution, famine, nakedness, danger, or a sword... so why should being a little short on money be any different. I have absolutely ZERO reason to worry.
It is all so insignificant in the scheme of life. I'm still going to Uganda, whether I stumble along the way, His plan stays the same, day in and day out. He is so Almighty that everything in comparison to his Glory begins to fade in significance. 
I was talking to my dad the other night before bed, and he asked me something that I believe was more of a question that everyone (not just me) should ponder.
He said, "What does all of this really matter? Why not pack up our bags and go wherever God send us? Is all of this material stuff really worth the time I spend working?"
He's right. It means nothing... Our ONLY purpose in this life is to serve and Glorify Him and make Him known among the nations. So, I want you who are reading this to also ponder these few questions. I'm not saying pack up and leave now, because I strongly believe our home now, in the USA, needs more people on fire for God than most third world countries, but I am saying are we really feet first, jumping into what God calls us to do on the earth?
The scripture above and these questions really made me step back, once again, and realize how small I am and how much smaller my worries are in comparison to Him and what He calls his children to do. 

Comments

  1. I love this Josey!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of this is so true, Josey! And how powerful! "If God is for us, who can be against us?" Truly....who can be against us! In Him we live, move and have our being!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts