It's All So Real.

"Okay, you have three days to change your mind after the purchase."
These are the exact words of the man I didn't know, from some country across the world, only doing his job, but little did he know, my heart almost stopped. At that exact moment, there was NO turning back. My choices for the next chapter in my life were Uganda and well.... Uganda. I'd thought about it, laid up at night praying on my knees about it, crying about it, smiling ear to ear about it, but until that moment, it had never felt so real. The plane ticket was set in stone.

God works in such miraculous ways. I continue to learn something so fascinatingly new every day about our Lord. Just in the past week, God has given me so much knowledge of who He is. I know, I know what you're thinking... come on Josey, you know who God is. Well yes, I do, but at the same time I have no clue of the extent and vastness of his Glory or how far His grace really can go. I've been humbled by Him in these last few days, realizing that I am nothing, nothing, without everything that God is. So what other purpose on this earth should we have? The answer is none, absolutely none. I will get dirty, peed on, sick, thrown up on, and tired. But! You know the cool thing about all of that? It's all of the flesh. I will carry not one bit of that into heaven when I get to meet our heavenly Father. All that matters is where my heart is. As a good teacher and mentor once said, "It's a heart thing," because it truly is.

So, as you can imagine, this journey is becoming oh so real, and even scary at times. I will miss my mom. I miss her now when I spend the night out because I didn't get to sit on the couch and watch House Hunters International with her. I will miss my dad. I miss him now when he is off providing for our family. I will miss my little sister. I miss her now when she flies to Alaska to chill on a cruise (by the way, what 11 year old even gets to do that???). I will miss my older sister. I miss her now when she is in Myrtle Beach sharing and being an example to women her age for the Glory of the Lord. As I'm writing this, I'm getting teary, but then I have to pull myself back in and realize it is okay to miss my family, but what God has called me to do is His plan, and he will comfort me and challenge me the whole way through.

It's all SO REAL.


Comments

Popular Posts